Watch Žalgiris – Bodø/Glimt on TV 2 Play on Tuesday from 18:00!
Bodø/Glimt is really in the process of finding its old great form.
Glimt has a crazy 25-0 goal difference in their last four home games. This includes the last two European games against Žalgiris and Linfield.
But: However, things have not gone so well away from home. Both against Klaksvik and Linfield, Bodøværing lost on foreign turf.
While TV 2’s football expert Jesper Mathisen and others have concluded that Glimt is ready for the Champions League playoffs, Kjetil Knutsen is crystal clear that he hasn’t cashed in on the promotion.
– We had an experience in the first round against Klaksvik, which was one of my worst experiences on the football field. I stood hidden in the stands and I had to see that we did not perform well. I saw it after ten seconds.
Thinks Glimt has had too much pepper
Glimt progressed despite losing 3-1 in the Faroe Islands.
– It is incredibly difficult to raise from 80 percent to 100 percent. It’s almost impossible. More complicated than people realize, says Knutsen, referring to the nightmares in the Faroe Islands.
Knutsen believes his team learned from the experience, although Glimt also lost their next away game in a European context – 1-0 against Linfield.
– I think we have been undeservedly involved in this Linfield match. He says this is a football match we will win 99 times out of 100, being as dominant as we were.
Bodø/Glimt and Žalgiris met last year in the conference league qualification. Then it was 2-2 in Vilnius.
– Then we hung on the rope so that it stayed. The fact that we suddenly took a 2-1 lead was not at all deserved. We have to learn by playing outside Europe.
The Nordic countries advanced thanks to a 1:0 victory at home.
New teammates impressed
One that Bodø/Glimt will not be able to use before the possible group stage is new signing Nino Zugelj.
The Slovenian has already played for his former club Maribor in Europe this season and will therefore not be available for the next matches, he confirms to TV 2.
Anyway, the 22-year-old man has allowed himself to be excited by his new companions.
– Saw Glimt in a few matches before coming here. It’s amazing how they play and develop. The team is playing fantastic, says Zugelj in the catacombs of Aspmyra after striking Odd’s sword.
The newcomer is already playing with the idea of Champions League games in Bodø/Glimt.
– I didn’t think about it before (I came here), but when I see how the team plays and especially the match against Žalgiris… I think Glimt has great chances to reach the Champions League. The players are at a high level, smiles Glimt’s new number 29.