Oat crackers in 1994
The recipe gives approx. 50 pcs
- 250 g Melange margarine or Melange without milk (after cooperation with product placement)
- 250 g oat flakes (or gluten-free)
- 250 g wheat flour, preferably finely ground or fibra (or gluten-free)
- 2 teaspoons corn salt
- 50-75 g of sugar, preferably brown (can be omitted)
- 1 ½ dl milk or tolerable milk substitute, apple juice or water
Place all dry ingredients in a baking dish.
Melt margarine on medium heat and add liquid (milk/water/apple juice). Pour the liquid dry and mix.
Let the dough “rest” in the refrigerator until it cools (20-30 min), so it is easier to roll out.
Cover two baking sheets with baking paper. Heat the oven to 190 degrees.
Roll the dough into a very thin disc about ½ cm thick, use a little flour on the baking board.
Cut out round cookies with a glass or a cup (dip the edge a little in flour, so the cookies release the glass/cup more easily). Place on a baking sheet. Prick the cookies with a fork before frying in the middle of the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
Store in a tight box or jar with a lid.
Oatmeal cookies with dried fruit in 2019
The recipe gives approx. 25 pcs
- 100 g Melange margarine at room temperature (after working with product placement)
- ½-1 dl honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 7 dl oatmeal (optionally gluten-free oatmeal)
- about. 2 ½ dl fiber flour (grind gluten-free oatmeal in a food processor into fine oatmeal or use gluten-free flour)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- about. 200 g of raisins, cranberries or other dried fruit mixture in pieces
- about. 1 dl chopped nuts or dark chocolate (optional)
Heat the oven to 180 degrees (preferably hot air).
Beat soft margarine, sugar, honey, eggs and water. Add oatmeal, oat flour/fiber, baking powder and salt. Mix with a whisk or spatula. At the very end, mix in the dried fruits.
Line two baking trays with baking paper. Use a tablespoon and shape the dough into balls, place them on the baking sheet, press down a little with your hand until they are 2-2 ½ cm high. Bake in the middle of the oven, preferably with hot air, for 12-15 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack before storing.